Fireworks Safety Instructions
Download or Print a copy of our Fireworks Safety Instructions: FIREWORKS-SAFETY.pdf
TYPE F.1 FIREWORKS ARE FOR SALE TO PERSONS 18+ YEARS OF AGE IN CANADA
Follow the Safety Instructions outlined below to ensure a safe Family Fireworks Display:
Bury or Brace Aerial Fireworks
- ALWAYS BURY OR BRACE AERIAL FIREWORKS--unless the instructions on the label indicate otherwise. For example, do NOT ignite Fireworks Cakes on the Ground without securing them: they can tip over and shoot sideways, causing serious injury to persons nearby.
- BURY aerial Fireworks to half their length in a pail filled with earth or sand; or
- BRACE aerial Fireworks by placing bricks, sandbags or other heavy objects on both sides of them.
Be a Good Neigbour!
- Notify your neighbours when you are going to shoot Fireworks. Some of them may have pets to protect. Others may be alarmed if they do not expect the noise.
- ALWAYS clean up your fireworks debris, particularly any that lands on someone's property other than your own.
Store & Transport Fireworks Safety
- Store Fireworks in a cool, dry place and out of the reach of children.
- When transporting Fireworks, do not leave them sitting in direct sunlight: keep them in your trunk or in a cardboard box in the passanger compartment of your vehicle.
- Never smoke while loading, transporting or unloading fireworks.
Age 18+ or direct adult supervision
- People under 18 years of age who use Fireworks be supervised directly by an adult.
Select a safe Firing Stage
- Choose a wide, clear site away from all obstacles.
- Refer to the safety instrucitons on each label for minimum safe distances from spectators.
- Shoot from private property, with the permission of the property owner.
Do not fire in windy conditions
- Do not shoot Fireworks in winds above 30km/hr
Follow instructions on product packaging
- Read the instructions printed on each firework label so you understand how to use each item safely.
- Plan your setup and the order of firing in advance.
Do not hold Fireworks in your hand
- NEVER try to light a Firework in your hand or to hold it during use, unless the manufacturer's instructions specifically indicate that the item is meant to be handheld
Ignite Fireworks safely
- Always light the fireworks fuse at its tip.
- Light fuse at arms length and stand clear.
- Consider using an Igniter Stick or a Remote Firing System for optiimum safety.
Keep water on hand: for extinguishing & disposal
- Keep water on hand in case any of your spent Fireworks smolders or catches fire.
- Dispose of used Fireworks (including debris) in a pail of water. Let soak for 24-48 hours and then throw away with your normal trash.
Always wear Safety Glasses
- Safety glasses or goggles are highty recommended for individuals lighting Fireworks and those in close proximity to the Fireworks stage.
Use caution if you have a dud Firework
- Wait at least 30 minutes before approaching a Firework that did not go off.
- Never try to relight a firework that did not go off.
- Never try to fix a firework that is defective.
- Do NOT throw dud Fireworks into a campfire: unused powder can explode!
Want to Wow the Crowd?
TRUST ROCKET.CA FIREWORKS, SMOKE, AND PARTY SUPPLIES!
Light up the night with special moments that only Rocket.ca can deliver.
From Backyards to Stadiums
For your next backyard gathering, community event, wedding, club, party, festival, or pro-level outdoor extravaganza, don't disappoint with anything less than Rocket.ca original fireworks.
Delivered to Your Doorstep
Ordering fireworks online at Rocket.ca is fast, safe, and FREE for orders $125+ in the GTA or $175+ across Canada. We deliver in 1-4 days to most Canadian destinations. Or visit one of Rocket's many retail stores across Ontario, with eye-popping selections of candles, shells, cakes, fountains, and complete "show in a box" packages.
Mind Blowing Value
For over 20 years, Rocket.ca has built exclusive wholesale and distributor partnerships to bring you the lowest prices for the best fireworks money can buy in Canada. You get the biggest BANG for your buck at Rocket.ca, GUARANTEED. We'll match any price you find online in Canada.
White-glove event management from set up to grand finale
Weddings • Parties • Special Events • Corporate Functions
They'll never forget your Rocket Fireworks!